Buta Full Life

Welcome to a place for those who are smart, passionate, and committed about living healthy, dynamic lives. We're smart about diet, nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle. We're passionate about our environment and our impact upon it. And, we're committed to doing what we need to do to get the results we want to live our beautiful lives.

Monday, September 21, 2009

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

I’m departing from my usual because I believe that a strong immune system is high on the priority list for my family this year. Is strong immunity for you or yours also important too?

I’m thinner, healthier, and stronger then I was 10 years ago. Do you know others who say that?


I’m healthy and do not have complicated factors so I’m choosing not to vaccinate against H1N1 this year. In Massachusetts, at least 4000 confirmed cases have been reported and thousands more flu cases were suspected, but not confirmed due to mild symptoms. 11 people, nearly all of who reportedly had complicating health concerns like respiratory disease or age factors, sadly died. H1N1 can be dangerous for some. (note: seasonal flu in the US kills an estimated 36,000 people yearly)


Now, only your doctor can give you advice whether the flu or H1N1 flu immunization is right or not right for you, but here are things I’ve done to give myself the a lower risk of succumbing to the flu. I’ll let you know if I made the right choice at the end of the season!


1. I eat well. I eat a fresh Mediterranian diet, and often eat vegetarian meals. I like them and feel great the day after! However, in full disclosure, I eat dessert almost every day! Mmmm, butter and sugar…

2. I take my supplements on a consistent, regular basis. Click on one of the following links to see what I take each day to support my immune system and support my cellular health.

3. I exercise. I go to the gym, I walk about town, I park further away from large stores, I take the stairs. And, when I can, I bike, hike or build Habitat houses on the weekend. I feel so energized when I move my bod!

4. I detoxify my environment

5. I protect my rest and actively work on stress management.
I’m a type A gal and if I build in stress management techniques in my day, I am much more content. The techniques I use could include: prayer, outdoor time, exercise, relaxation tapes, quiet time, yoga, reading for pleasure, get together with friends, and biofeedback.


So, that’s what I do.

And my customers and partners that do the same things I do on a consistent regular basis, also enjoy similar healthy lives.


How about you? Do you wish you could be stronger, thinner, and healthier in ten years?


I’m right here to discuss what I do more in depth. Maybe you’ll find you can say the same thing in 10 years if you do what I do? bfli@buta.org, 617-504-4971.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home